Area Homebrew Shops
- Grains & Taps
- Located in Downtown Lee’s Summit on the Southwest side of the KC Metro
- 224 SE Douglas St, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
- Apex Brew & BBQ
- Located in Indepence near I-70 and Noland Rd.
- 4380 S Noland Rd, Independence, MO 64055
- Brülosophy – Debunks myths and/or proves right/wrong the methods commonly used by homebrewers. Brülosophy is best known for it’s exBEERiments and well documented processes.
Blogs & Reading
- BeerSmith Brewing Blog – Brad Smith, the creator of BeerSmith brewing software, has been brewing for a quarter of a century. BeerSmith Home Brewing Blog teaches you about making beer, beer recipes, brewing techniques, beer styles and more.
- The Mad Fermentationist – One of the first purveyors of homebrewing sour and wild ales and best known for his method of using bottle dregs in addition to his extensively researched book entitled “American Sour Beers.” Michael Tonsmier also helped create the popular new brewery, Modern Times Beer.
- HomeBrewTalk.com – HomeBrewTalk is one of the most well known sites on the web for homebrew question, forums, recipes and more. Much of the good information is curated here but the site includes a great forum, a list of popular recipes and more.
- Homebrew Finds – This blog, rather than existing as an education-centered site, describes itself as a site that is “Scouring the web for homebrewing deals and finds!” Indeed, you can very often find great deals on homebrew gear using this blog and the blog’s Twitter account.